New Blog for Nathanael

We recently started fundraising with COTA to cover Nathanael's medical expenses, so updates about him will be on his new blog from now on: www.COTAforNathanaelB.com. Please check out the blog, pictures, and opportunities to help, and feel free to pass along the link to others. We appreciate your concern!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

They're coming to Ohio! (by Bree)

Brad sent me this picture today. He pulled out the suitcase and told Jamison about their upcoming trip to Ohio so we can all be together. Awhile later he heard the zipper on the suitcase, and Jamison seemed ready to go. When he opened it to inspect it's contents, this is what he found:

So cute!!! I love how he packed puzzles and a balloon, and no clothes!

So the good news is that they're leaving tomorow, and will arrive here on Saturday night...YAY! I can't wait to see them!!!

While we expect the rest of this journey to still be long and somewhat difficult, we are thankful that this chapter of separation is almost over. It is our prayer that the Lord would make up for the time we have lost with each other and our boys. There is a promise of restoration given to the Israelites in the Old Testament book of Joel. While my belief in the separate identities of Israel and the Church prevent me from claiming that verse as written specifically to me/us, I do believe that it is within the Lord's will to ask Him to bless us that way, and to pray accordingly, as it could most certainly be used for His glory. Here is a short passage from Joel 2:21-32:

Surely the Lord has done great things!
21 Don’t be afraid, my people.
Be glad now and rejoice,
for the Lord has done great things.
22 Don’t be afraid, you animals of the field,
for the wilderness pastures will soon be green.
The trees will again be filled with fruit;
fig trees and grapevines will be loaded down once more.
23 Rejoice, you people of Jerusalem!
Rejoice in the Lord your God!
For the rain he sends demonstrates his faithfulness.
Once more the autumn rains will come,
as well as the rains of spring.
24 The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain,
and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil.

25 The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost
to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts,
the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts.
It was I who sent this great destroying army against you.
26 Once again you will have all the food you want,
and you will praise the Lord your God,
who does these miracles for you.
Never again will my people be disgraced.
27 Then you will know that I am among my people Israel,
that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other.
Never again will my people be disgraced.


32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved,
for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape,
just as the Lord has said.
These will be among the survivors
whom the Lord has called.

3 comments:

  1. That is so great that you will be reunited!! Very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!!!! I'm so so so happy for you all. I know it will feel so good to get your arms around your big boy. He's going to seem so big after being with Nathanael. I hope everything goes perfectly. I'll be praying for Brad and Jamison's safety as they travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda seems silly to ask if you all are totally loving being back together! We do want to try and get over to see ya's! Lifes not slowing down...so i'm just going to look to yas on the WHEN :o)

    ReplyDelete