We could also use prayers for planning our return trip. One of our doctors (whose specialty is hematology) mentioned that flying in an unpressurized plane (breathing in air with less oxygen)could exacerbate any existing problems with Nathanael's hemoglobin level, however, when I asked another doctor about it she mentioned that she didn't think it would present a problem for him. So, is this just a difference of opinion? Is it an issue of degree (i.e. the degree to which it could exacerbate - and not cause - a problem) or a communication problem? Our dilemma now is to make a decision about whether to fly in three small planes (over the course of 9 hours or so) or to drive the 14 hours home, possibly overnight so Nathanael can sleep through most of the trip. If we choose to do this, we will also need God's perfect timing for travel, the helpers (my parents have volunteered, and can probably split the trip with Brad), and safe, clean places to stop for short breaks on the way.
So here we are, probably still a year or two away from Nathanael being a healthy little boy. This is a longer journey than I think I had anticipated, and it is wearing on us, so we appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement. Thank you for standing with us!